Thursday, February 23, 2012

basketwave bracelet




Crochet Basketweave Bracelet


My Basketweave Bracelet could also be named The Bracelet That Languished on My Coffee Table For a Month Begging to Be Finished.  But that name is way too long!

Basketweave Bracelet

Pattern created by Gayle www.planetmfiles.com

Size: Approximately 1-1/2 inches wide, make it as long as you need it.

Materials:

Size 10 crochet thread. I used Aunt Lydia’s Classic Crochet Thread in the color Blue Hawaii

Crochet Hook – Size US 7/1.5 mm
Buttons that will fit through your double or triple crochet.
Stitch markers.  I use small pieces of contrasting color crochet thread to use as markers.

Gauge: Not important

Abbreviations: ch = chain,  sc = single crochet, sl st = slip stitch, st = stitch, dc = double crochet, fpdc = front post double crochet, bpdc = back post double crochet, tr = triple crochet

Notes: I find it helpful to use my stitch markers to mark the top of my turning chains as I make them and move the marker up as I go.

Pattern:

To begin: This portion of the bracelet is where you will eventually sew on the buttons.  You can make more or less rows of single crochets, depending on the size of your buttons.

chain 14.
Turn. sc in 2nd ch from hook and in each ch across – 13 each row.  Repeat this row until there are enough rows to accommodate the size of your buttons.  I crocheted eight rows of sc’s to accommodate the size of my buttons.

Now, you are moving on to the basketweave portion of the bracelet.
Turn. ch 2 (mark the top of your turning chain!), dc across:  12 dcs + turning ch = 13
Turn. ch 2 (mark the top of your turning chain!), 1 fpdc, 3 bpdc’s, 3 fpdc’s, 3 bpdc’s, 1 fpdc, 1 dc in top of turning ch.
Turn. ch2,  (mark the top of your turning chain!), 1 bpdc, 3 fpdc’s, 3 bpdc’s, 3 fpdc’s, 1 bpdc, 1 dc in top of turning ch.
Repeat basketweave row #3.
Repeat basketweave row #2.
Continue on in the pattern of row  2 – 3 – 3 – 2  until your bracelet is the correct length.  I continued in this pattern until the working end of the bracelet just met the beginning of the bracelet when placed around my daughter’s wrist.

Now you will make the portion of the bracelet that serves as the button holes.
Turn. ch1, sc across – 13 (last sc is in the top of the turning ch of the previous row)
Turn. Now either ch 2 and dc across, or ch3 and tr across.  Whether you dc or tr will depend on your button size and which it fits through better.
Turn. Slip stitch across.  Finish off  and weave in the ends.

No comments:

Post a Comment